JOAN M. RUDDY
Ms. Ruddy has extensive experience defending physicians, nursing homes and other medical professionals in malpractice litigation. Over the course of more than twenty years as a litigator, she has successfully defended many health care providers before the New York State Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC) and the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD). Ms. Ruddy has experience defending physicians before the Office of Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG) in matters involving allegations of fraud and abuse. She also has extensive knowledge of multi-district litigation, AIDS phobia and health law.
- New York State
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, City University of New York, where she was awarded two scholarships enabling her to study International and Comparative Law in Havana, Cuba and Vienna, Austria. Additionally, she studied Constitutional Law in Florence, Italy.
- Bachelor’s Degree, State University of New York at Buffalo.